CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Residents can expect a sunny start to the week before the snow returns, according to the National Weather Service in Cheyenne.
Today, Jan. 16, will be mostly sunny with a high of 42. Winds will be in the west-northwest at 20–25 mph with gusts of up to 35 mph. The evening will be mostly cloudy with a low of 21 and west winds at 5–10 mph.
A developing storm system will push across Colorado late Tuesday bringing widespread snow to most of the area. The heaviest snow will fall further south near the Colorado border where a Winter Storm Watch has been issued for 6+ inches of snow. #wywx #wyoroad #newx pic.twitter.com/89IR0llvva
— NWS Cheyenne (@NWSCheyenne) January 16, 2023
There is a 20% chance of snow before noon on Tuesday, Jan. 17, alongside partly sunny skies and a high of 34. Winds will begin in the southwest at 10–15 mph before shifting to the east-southeast in the afternoon. There is an 80% chance of snow in the evening with possible accumulations between 3–5 inches. There will be a low of 19 and east winds at 10–15 mph set to shift to the north-northeast after midnight.
Wednesday, Jan. 18, will have a 70% chance of snow before noon alongside mostly cloudy skies, a high of 29 and north winds at 15 mph. The evening will be mostly cloudy with a low of 13.