CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Want to know the latest local events happening around Thanksgiving time? Cap City News has you covered.
Listed below are upcoming food drives, activities and free meals community members can partake in.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive to Feed the Troops
- Pork Chop’s Truck and Auto at 2616 E. Lincoln Way on Nov. 17 until 5 p.m.
- All food donations will be staying in Cheyenne for families at F.E. Warren Air Force Base. Cash donations will go to purchase food for giving to families as well
- Donations can include turkeys, hams, pies, buns, canned goods and cranberries
- Ken Garff Cheyenne’s Annual We’re Hear For You Holiday Food Drive
- King Soopers at 3702 Dell Range Blvd. from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Nov. 16 and Nov. 17 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Nov. 18.
- Donation needs include frozen turkeys, boxed stuffing, canned fruits and veggies, rice, cereal, pasta, mac and cheese, canned tuna, dry goods and other pantry staples
- All donations benefit Comea House and Resource Center, St. Joseph’s Food Pantry, Needs Inc. Food Pantry, Meals On Wheels of Cheyenne and The Salvation Army Cheyenne Corps
Free Thanksgiving meals/items
- Americans for Prosperity: Thanksgiving Gift Card Giveaway event
- Albertsons at 5800 Yellowstone Road at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18
- The first 100 customers at 3 p.m. will receive a $50 Albertsons gift card
- Cheyenne Hills Church Thanksgiving Pantry
- Cheyenne Hills Church at 7505 US-30 on Nov. 19 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Attendees can fill a shopping bag of Thanksgiving food essentials
- Third Annual Cheyenne Thanksgiving First Christian Church
- First Christian Church at 219 W. 27th St. on Nov. 18 from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Members will be handing out food boxes filled with everything for Thanksgiving Dinner. One box is allowed per household
- The Salvation Army Cheyenne Corps
- Salvation Army Cheyenne Corps at 601 E. 20th St. on Nov. 23 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lowe’s Kid’s DIY-U Workshop: Thanksgiving Turkey Photo Holder
- Lowe’s at 1608 Prairie Ave. on Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Interested attendees can sign up here
- Cheyenne Turkey Run
- Freedom’s Edge Brewing Company at 1509 Pioneer Drive on Nov. 19 at 1:30 p.m.
- The route can be viewed here: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/44705507
- Cheyenne Turkey Stampede
- South High School at 1213 W. Allison Road on Nov. 23 from 7 to 10 a.m.
- A run/walk fundraiser hosted by the South High Art Club. There will be a 50/50 donation, with 50% of the funds raised going toward the Comea Shelter and 50% toward the South High Art Club. There will be a donation Toys for Tots box and a donation jar to raise the funds during registration time.
- Attendees can register here