CASPER, Wyo. — Casper Fire-EMS has released details about a Casper structure fire that has reportedly displaced one occupant.
At 4:07 Saturday afternoon, March 5, 2020, Casper Fire-EMS units were dispatched to the 100 block of Columbine, in Casper, for the reported structure fire. Reports mafe to dispatch said smoke was coming from a lower level of a four-plex apartment building.
Crews arrived to heavy smoke in one apartment.
Firefighters quickly confined and extinguished the fire, containing it to the apartment of origin. The occupant of the apartment was not home at the time of the fire.
Due to fire and smoke damage, Cadper Fire-EMS said the occupant was displaced from
With exception of the affected apartment, other occupants were allowed to return home after removal of residual smoke.
As of publishing time, no injuries related to the incident had been reported.
“Casper Fire-EMS reminds everyone that working smoke alarms save lives,” an official statement said Saturday. “With Daylight Saving Time occurring tomorrow, take the opportunity to test every smoke alarm in your home, and replace the batteries if indicated. Make sure everyone in your home understands the sound of a smoke alarm and knows how to respond. Newer smoke alarms are designed with non-replaceable (long-life) batteries, and are designed to remain effective for up to 10 years. If the alarm chirps, warning that the battery is low, replace the entire smoke alarm right away. For smoke alarms that do not have non-replaceable batteries, take this Daylight Saving Time opportunity to initiate or continue a yearly replacement plan.”
This article originally appeared on Oil City News. Used with permission.