Over 550,000 readers this year!

Cheyenne manslaughter case suspects to attend preliminary hearing together

Sarah Heath has had her preliminary moved to the same time as Tirso Munguia and Cody Nicholson

(Photo from the Laramie County Sheriff's Office)

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — The third suspect arrested in a Jan. 9 manslaughter investigation has had her preliminary hearing continued.

Sarah Heath, 26, was originally going to be seen in court today, Jan. 26, at 3:30 p.m., but the hearing has been continued to Feb. 1 at 3 p.m.

She will be seen at the same time as the two other suspects in the case: Tirso Munguia, 19, and Cody Nicholson, 18. Heath bonded out of jail on Jan. 24, while Munguia and Nicholson remain in custody on $150,000 bonds.


All three were arrested in connection to an investigation into the death of a 16-year-old on Jan. 9. Heath is facing charges that include accessory after the fact to manslaughter, furnishing alcohol to a minor (three counts), and possession of marijuana. Munguia is charged with manslaughter without incident and Nicholson is charged with accessory after the fact to manslaughter. Nicholson was also being held on an outstanding Laramie County warrant for DUI, police said.

On Jan. 9 at about 6 p.m., Cheyenne Police Department officers were dispatched to a report of a shooting in the area of Frontier Mall at 1400 Dell Range Blvd. Responding officers secured the area and found a 16-year-old girl with an apparent gunshot wound. Medical personnel declared her deceased, police said.

Through the investigation, officers learned that four people were traveling in a vehicle together. Police believe Heath was the driver, while Munguia and Nicholson were seated in the back, and the victim was seated in the front passenger seat.


According to statements, Munguia and Nicholson were handling a firearm while the group was traveling on Dell Range Boulevard. Munguia reportedly fired the gun, striking the victim. Heath pulled the vehicle over and Nicholson fled on foot with the firearm. Heath then proceeded to the Frontier Mall parking lot and placed a call to 911.