Williams, Porter, Day & Neville, P.C.
We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, reliable, proactive and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. Our caseload is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible and committed to helping us meet all of our clients’ needs.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assist with the discovery process by requesting, organizing and summarizing medical records and bills by creating medical chronologies, preparing and organizing exhibits and organizing and coordinating witnesses.
• Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as interrogatories, requests for production, subpoenas and deposition notices under the supervision of a lawyer. Coordinate the collection, review and production of documents and responding to discovery requests
• Assist in performing administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
• Acting as liaison among all parties including court or other neutrals for scheduling and sharing information
• Assisting with trial preparation including the assembly of exhibits, witness binders and appendices for depositions and court filings
• Compiling information and preparing statistics, charts, graphs and other summaries to detail the findings
Qualifications & Skills:
• Experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting is preferred.
• Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies is preferred but not required or certification by an industry recognized organization such as NALA
• Experience in using legal database software
• Excellent organizational skills and time-management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to follow direction and procedures
• Ability to prioritize workload and assignments
• Analytical skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Stress tolerance