CHEYENNE, Wyo. — With the beginning of September comes the Cheyenne First Friday Artwalk, which has a new cast of artists and locations.
The walk will take place Friday, Sept. 2 from 5 to 8 p.m. throughout the city of Cheyenne.
The following artists will be featured this month:
- Cheyenne native Daniel Grae Beckner will be the featured artist at the Paramount Cafe. He has been creating art for 15 years, focusing on the beauty of nature. His mediums include pencil, charcoal, ink, color, and clay.
- Sarah Rusk, a local fiber artist, will have her work shown at Freedom’s Edge Brewing. Sarah creates art using crochet, knitting, and embroidery, giving her work a unique and textured look.
- The Cheyenne Artists Guild will be hosting three different artists for the September art walk. Scott Hughes is a traveler who has taken photos of his adventures. Ronee Marie Peterson works with a variety of mediums, including acrylic, watercolor, oil, charcoal, pastel, Prisma Pencil, ink, and mixed media, and creates art in both abstract and realistic forms. Melissa Adams is a jewelry maker who will have her array of work on display.
- Deselms Fine Art will be showcasing Plein air work from local and regional artists in Wyoming and Colorado, showing the beauty of the Western landscape.
- Landscape artist Danielle Kirby will have her work on display at Blue Raven Brewery.
- Blue Door Arts will be having its hands-on Mural Making Event, with the mural’s permanent home to be at the future Children’s Museum of Cheyenne.
- Clay Paper Scissors will be showcasing the work of Casper artist Mike Olson and local artist Eric Lee.