Program Coordinator (Retired Senior Volunteer Program)
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
Benefits: Paid holidays and personal time as determined by Executive Director. Travel Reimbursement at Federal Level. Eligible for 3% of salary/month for a matching IRA after 30 days. Eligible for group life and vision insurance after 30 days.
The ServeWyoming (SWY) improves lives and strengthens Wyoming communities through volunteerism. We are committed to increasing the number of people engaged in meaningful volunteer opportunities across Wyoming that are both fulfilling for the volunteers and that meet critical needs in our community.
Since 1994, over 4,000 Wyoming AmeriCorps members have been providing intensive, results-driven service to meet emergency, educational, environmental, public safety, veteran and military family services and other pressing needs across the state. In addition, we provide a statewide volunteer center engaging upwards of 4,500 general volunteers in Wyoming service.
Job Description Summary
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) provides volunteer opportunities for individuals 55 years and older to remain active and involved in their communities, and fulfill the volunteer needs of public and nonprofit agencies to better serve their clients. The Program Coordinator provides overall supervision and management of the RSVP Volunteers. The work involves program planning and implementation, program administration and budgeting, volunteer coordination and oversight, and public relations agencies. This position is under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director. Works closely with Volunteer Wyoming Program Director on all outreach and program implementation.
- Responsible for recruiting and training volunteers to achieve appropriate program numbers, as mandated by funding source.
- Recruit, select, orient and place volunteers with volunteer stations.
- Follow goals and objectives for RSVP within the framework of established federal regulations and guidelines.
- Once approved by ED, reviews and adjusts program objectives and assesses operational practices, standards, program needs, available resources and other factors to accomplish goals and provide volunteer services to communities.
- Trains, supervises and oversees the work of RSVP Assistant.
- Is responsible for interacting, planning and coordinating with Volunteer Wyoming Program Director.
- Writes project work plans as part of the annual grant application process. Evaluates program effectiveness by tracking outcomes as stated on work plans.
- Prepares and submits annual grant renewal application for RSVP through the AmeriCorps HQ formerly Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
- Responsible for creating and providing all mandated reports to the Executive Director as required by contractual guidelines and funding sources. Applications require development of creative approaches to achieving program objectives, identifying how money will be used, and outlining positive impacts on community non-profit service agencies.
- Works with Volunteer Wyoming Program Directors to determine volunteer needs in each program.
- Assesses the specific and overall positive impacts that RSVP has supported in various organizations.
- Continually assesses volunteer needs of communities within the service area, and plans and develops on-going project operations in multiple locations.
- Arrange for formal and regular recognition of volunteers, organizations and individuals who have contributed to the support of RSVP.
- Assure volunteer orientation, in conjunction with volunteer stations.
- Develop and maintain close coordination and relationships with volunteer stations, including development of volunteer assignment plans.
- Provide ongoing support to volunteers.
- Appraise volunteer performance.
- Assess appropriateness and/or performance of volunteer stations.
- Attend training conferences required by ServeWyoming and CNCS.
- Provide federal rules/regulations, policies/procedures and other technical assistance to RSVP sites to ensure compliance.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Volunteer Wyoming Program Director on budgets and budget projections.
- Provides program-level supervision of public relations and marketing activities to promote awareness of RSVP.
- Enhances community services through the use of volunteers.
- Provides older adults with opportunities to remain active and involved in their community.
- Works closely with Volunteer Wyoming Program Director on all outreach and program implementation.
- Maintains active involvement with community partners and other related programs dealing with volunteers and older adults.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, gerontology, volunteer management, program management or related fields preferred.
- Strong preference for experience handling sub-grantee and volunteer management activities.
- Ability to train and educate volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally within Wyoming.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to Shelly McAlpin, Executive Director at Shelly@servewyoming.org. Please include “RSVP Program Coordinator” in the subject heading. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with priority given to those received by Tuesday, November 30, 2021. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information about the Serve Wyoming, please visit www.ServeWyoming.org.
|PAID FOR BY SERVE WYOMING
This article is a promoted post. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the organization that paid for the article, and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or opinions of Cap City News, its employees or its publisher. Please fill out this form if you would like to speak to our sales department about advertising opportunities on Cap City News.