AARP Wyoming is actively recruiting volunteers for our new Veterans Advisory Council. This council will be in charge of planning events, helping review veteran-related policies, and actively participating in regular calls, meetings, and events.
The AARP Wyoming Veterans Advisory Council…
- Shares their experience on how to best serve veterans in Wyoming.
- Plans and executes fun and educational events with Wyoming Veterans, e.g., Free Movies, Caregiver Events, Fraud Prevention Presentations, Benefits Awareness Seminars.
- Prioritizes and reviews veteran-related policies introduced in the Wyoming Legislature. Recommends action or no action to the AARP Wyoming staff.
- Serve a one-year term with the option to renew.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled call(s) and/or meeting(s) and events.
- Participate in local veterans-related coalitions if willing and invited.
- Being a veteran is not required, but preferred.
- Knowledge and expertise around caregiving, work and jobs, frauds/scams, or Wyoming Veterans benefits (or willingness to learn a topic) is a plus!
- Mileage and meals are reimbursed while conducting AARP business.
- Conducting interviews in August and early September. Appointments will be made in late September.
|PAID FOR BY AARP
This article is a promoted post. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the organization that paid for the article, and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or opinions of Oil City News, its employees or its publisher. Please fill out this form if you would like to speak to our sales department about advertising opportunities on Oil City News.