CASPER, Wyo. — The Sweetwater County Sheriff’s Office will be hosting an abandoned and court-forfeited vehicle auction on Tuesday, Oct. 4, starting at 10 a.m.
The auction will take place at 50140B U.S. Highway 191 South in Rock Springs, according to a public notice.
Gates will open at 9:30 a.m. and bidding begins at 10 a.m.
The following are up for auction:
- 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier (starting bid of $108)
- 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan LE (starting bid of $516)
- 2003 black Chevrolet Trailblazer (starting bid of $426)
- 2009 Toyota Camry XLE (starting bid of $588)
- 2007 Pontiac Torrent (starting bid of $486)
- 1981 Ford F-100 (starting bid of $100)
- 1970 camper (starting bid of $100)
- 2003 blue Chevrolet Trailblazer (starting bid of $100)
- 2001 Dodge Avenger (starting bid announced morning of auction)
The sheriff’s office occasionally sells abandoned property after trying to locate the original owners by posting notices in public places. Wyoming law allows for the auction of abandoned property.
The notice states the sheriff’s office has no history on the vehicles and most have no keys. They are sold as-is.
Pick up for auctioned vehicles is Friday, Oct. 7, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and cash is the only accepted form of payment.
For more information, call Kelly at 307-872-3866.