CASPER, Wyo. — The Wyoming Game and Fish Department cancelled their traditional annual “Wyoming Outdoor Expo” at the Casper Events Center due to COVID-19 coronavirus.
Instead, they are organizing a range of activities and educational resources through a virtual “Wyoming Outdoor Expo – at Home.” Game and Fish announced the launching of the new resource hub on Friday, April 3.
While the traditional expo is geared toward school students from across Wyoming, the resource hub offers information which may be of interest to people of any age.
Article continues below...
“For Expo at Home, we have consolidated online stories, videos and activities developed over several years to bring the outdoors inside while we are all practicing social distancing,” Game and Fish said. “See something you want to do outside? Make a list to do later.”
The resource hub features a variety of videos and activities and other learning materials in the following categories (links are to one example from each category):
- Adventure: Predator Response Training
- Large Mammals: Test your knowledge: Tracks
- Birds: Read:What the Heck is a Lek?
- Fish & Aquatic Habitat: Test your knowledge: Fish ID
- Terrestrial Habitat and Conservation: What is Medusahead?
- Hunting and Shooting Skills: Honest Hunting Mistakes
- Recipes: Baked Trout
- Other Wildlife: Beaver Building
“Over the next 3 weeks we’ll also be sharing Expo at Home content at 10am daily here on our Facebook page,” Game and Fish adds.
This article originally appeared on Oil City News. Used with permission.